Thursday, February 11, 2010

Another Genius GONE. R.I.P Lee McQueen

As most of you may have heard, Lee McQueen, Founder and Designer of the well known brand Alexander McQueen committed suicide early this morning. This has been bothering me for TWO reasons. ONE: He was someone I looked to for inspiration and TWO: The way he died.

McQueen is one of the FEW designers that reminds us that fashion IS ART. People take fashion TOO serious & McQueen's designs were always so innovative & EPIC. His shows were theatrical & very technologically advanced. ! Like NO OTHER. Just as his pieces were. TRULY ONE OF A KIND. There REALLY will NEVER be another designer like McQueen. His vision was something I could NEVER understand. Like sometimes I wonder, what goes on in the mind of these genius's ! Like Michael Jackson, Kanye West, Lady Gaga. Such talented PASSIONATE people are the ones that leave so soon, or end up doing drastic things. There mind are just TOO out of this world.

Suicide has been a HUGE sensitive topic for me as well, due to the fact that I lost my uncle (My father's older brother) to that 3 years ago. It was the BIGGEST tragedy my family faced and probably my worst life experience yet. I never really spoke about it, besides my CLOSEST friends. I guess, I never really knew what to say, or how to explain it. Just seeing someone you love, or even look up to be a quitter, is the WORST thing ever. We all need to realize, that LIFE IS HARD. However, NOTHING that is worth it is easy. God throws us obstacles, to test our strength, as well as to make us stronger. He wouldn't give us these challenges if he didn't think we couldn't handle them. DON'T BE A QUITTER. That's an instant move towards FAILURE. Keep trying, That's taking steps towards success.

“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”_Marilyn vos Savant



No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog that Bleeds New York. We take you into the lives of three NYC Born & Raised young ladies. From personal experiences, to what's the buzz. We give you OUR opinions on fashion, music, relationships or anything else going on in the world. We aren't here to please anyone. Either Love us or leave us alone.Welcome to Lipstick&Labels .xo

You May Also Enjoy:

Related Posts with Thumbnails