Wednesday, November 4, 2009

JAYZ COVERS GOTHAM MAG.

jay_gotham

heres a little snippet of the (article)

“I don’t dislike anything about myself,” he says. “I know this sounds a little arrogant but I really accept what God has given me. I’ve got a short temper but I work on controlling it. I can say inappropriate things because I believe them to be true and sometimes that can be hurtful to others. But I think in the long run it is more helpful.”

In the midst of one of the most successful hip-hop careers in history, Jay-Z, who turns 40 next month, has a lot to be thankful for. He was born Shawn Carter in 1969 and grew up in the Marcy Houses project of Brooklyn as “Jazzy.” He was abandoned by his father at 11, shot his older brother for stealing at 12 and sold crack at 13. It wasn’t until he released his first album, Reasonable Doubt, in 1996 on his label Roc-a-Fella Records that the then 26-year old left drug dealing, gangs and poverty behind. “[Making music] is a gift from God,” he says. “I put it to the side for so long because it was so easy. It took me a while to really know it was my true calling. I wanted to tell my story.”

to read the entire article click here
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog that Bleeds New York. We take you into the lives of three NYC Born & Raised young ladies. From personal experiences, to what's the buzz. We give you OUR opinions on fashion, music, relationships or anything else going on in the world. We aren't here to please anyone. Either Love us or leave us alone.Welcome to Lipstick&Labels .xo

You May Also Enjoy:

Related Posts with Thumbnails